The Colwood Elementary Let’s Read program
This program is an easy way for students to improve their reading skills at home. Here is how it works:
· Students read at home on their own or with an adult for at least 15 minutes
· Record what was read on the Let’s Read sheet
· Students bring completed sheets to the library for a reward and the next sheet.
Top Ten Reasons to participate in Let’s Read
10. Books are awesome!
9. Reading every day is the best way to become a better reader.
8. Students improve organizational skills by keeping track of what they read.
7. Students receive a prize every time they complete a Let’s Read sheet.
6. Reading is a great activity for students to do on their own.
5. Students receive a certificate at an assembly for 100 nights of reading.
4. Reading is the key to doing well at school.
3. Students receive a free book for 150 nights of reading.
2. Students receive a Let’s Read ribbon at an assembly for 200 nights of reading.
1. Reading is a great activity for families to do together.